Since 2022, Internist and Hematologist Dr. Thomas Hoffmann is working in our Clinic, which means that for more complicated complaints and examinations you can also simply come to us in your familiar surroundings and not have to go to the hospital.
What does internal medicine and hematology mean?
The internal medicine specialist deals with all problems of the “internal organs” such as the thyroid, blood vessels, heart and lungs, all abdominal organs such as the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, bladder or prostate.
As a Hematologist, Dr. Hoffmann also deals with metabolic diseases such as diabetes, fat metabolism disorders or hormonal disorders as well as rheumatic problems. Furthermore, blood diseases of all kinds are a focus of his work (hematology), whether anemia (lack of red blood cells) or a disorder of other blood components.
In most cases, a simple blood test is sufficient to recognize a slight and usually harmless deviation in blood values at an early stage and to distinguish it from important and urgently treatable blood diseases. For this purpose, for example, he performs microscopic examination.
He has also successfully completed a master’s course in ultrasound diagnostics at the Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera, which allows him to offer ultrasound examinations (ECG and Holter etc) in our Clinic.
What can you contact Dr. Hoffmann for?
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases from the entire spectrum of internal medicine as mentioned above. (The “internal organs” such as the thyroid, blood vessels, heart and lungs, all abdominal organs such as the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, bladder or prostate)
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic pain conditions
Special medical diagnostics
- ECG electrocardiogram, 24-hour long-term ECG Holter
- 24-hour blood pressure measurement
- Spirometry of the lungs
- Lung function diagnostics
- Ultrasound examination of all organ systems, also color Doppler and duplex (eye, thyroid, neck region, lymph nodes, salivary glands, blood vessels, chest, abdomen, skin and musculoskeletal system, joints, etc.)
- Special hematological diagnostics, hematological blood smears, bone marrow punctures, and cytological examinations